How Does it Work?
(No, it’s not Google.)
Now, what would your response be if I said you can get all the help you need for FREE?
Let’s see if I can guess a few of your responses.
- Where is it and how much is it going to cost me?
- No way is it free. It’s got to cost something.
- Will these people know what they’re doing?
- Am I on the right track?
- Now, to answer the questions above…
This amazing service is located at, and provided by Shiloh Baptist Church (DC). The services provided are indeed free. The ONLY thing you’ll need to purchase is any software you want to buy, and the parts needed to complete your repairs. That’s it! Otherwise it’s free for the technicians to look, analyze, touch, fix and train you to use your equipment. And yes, they are professionals in the IT field. Meaning, they make a living doing the very service they’re offering to you for free.
Want to know a little more?
Let’s say your computer breaks and you don’t know what to do with it. Or you got an iPad for Christmas
and you can’t even figure out how to turn it on.
- Come to Heritage Hall South at Shiloh (9th & P NW) the first Saturday of every month (except December) around 10:00 am. Bring your broken computer, your iPad, and/or smart phone, the cords, the manual, and whatever else you have to accompany it.
- When you arrive the “triage” receptionist will assist you in adding your name on a list along with the reason for your visit. (Ex: Jane Doe — Broken Computer and iPad help.)
- The next thing that happens is someone who’s great at using the iPad will help you with your iPad.
- They’ll answer your questions, actually show you how to use it, help you with any tips & tricks that may be useful for you.
So what are the rules?
Below are the top operational guidelines for Shiloh’s Wi-Fi Technology Clinic.
- They will only “work on” or repair a clients personal equipment. That means, for example, if the laptop you got from work has a virus, they will not service it. However, if you want to learn how to do a mail merge in MS Word while using your work computer, that they will help you with.
- If you’re locked out of a device (i.e., phone, secure software, computer, etc.), they will not remove any passwords.
- They will service only one computer, phone, etc. per client. So if a relative has a broken laptop, please welcome them to come to the technology clinic with you.
Are you wondering why they’d give you all of this for free?
Well it’s simple, Colossians 3:23-24 says:
“Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men, Knowing [with all certainty] that it is from the Lord [and not from men] that you will receive the inheritance which is your [real] reward. [The One Whom] you are actually serving [is] the Lord Christ (the Messiah).”
That’s all there is to it!
There are no long forms to fill out, and no taking your equipment to a Top-Secret room behind a curtain. You just receive one-on-one help, excellent service, and great fellowship.
If you can attest to the wonders of Shiloh’s Wi-Fi Technology Clinic, please share your experience with us and send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org!