74 years of scouting at shiloh!
1941 – 2015
Welcome and thanks for your interest in becoming a part of Pack/Troop/Crew 524, Washington, DC District.
The Boy Scouts of America’s objective is to develop character, teamwork, problem solving skills, citizenship and personal fitness. Scouting not only provides you with experience, but also, memories for a lifetime for you and your child(ren).
Your assistance and continued support is needed by way of:
- Encouraging support at home to read the scout/venturing manual and;
- participation on the Parent Committee
- Age requirement for Cub Scouts is 6-10 (grades 1-5)
- Age requirement for Boy Scouts is 11-17 (grades 6-12)
- Age requirement for Venture’s is 14-20. Venturer is open to both girls and boys.
Annually Troop 524 has to re-charter, which requires that each scout pay the association affiliation/registration fee.
The registration fee is $38.00. This fee covers the following:
- $25.00 – affiliation fee to Boys Scouts of America
- $12.00 – Boys Life Magazine
- $1.00 – accident insurance
NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND
If you are unable to contribute all or part of this fee, please contact one of the leaders in order to make payment arrangements or seek sponsorships.
Activities for Troop 524 include camping, hiking, community service, and fun activities ranging from bowling, ski trips and more.
If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact any of the Leaders or Committee members of Troop 524. We encourage your participation on any of the activities and the Parent Committee.
- Committee Chair/Recharter: Gloria Bell, 301-503-8774
- Scoutmaster: Chuck Hall II, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-744-9405
- Venturers: Braun Cameron, email@example.com, 443-336-3119
- Cubmaster: John Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-310-7279
- Shiloh Friends of Scouting (SFoS): John Barber, email@example.com,